Please note that reader’s discretion is advised
So many marriages are on the blink of falling apart or indirectly heading for the rocks, based on my study and research, 90% of marriages are failing not because of incompatibility, religious differences or tribal differences but because of Long Distance Relationship in Marriage. permit me to quote a scripture from the holy bible irrespective of your belief. ”For a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife” Please note the word ‘Cleave’ if there is no cleaving there is no marriage. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person, in the same house”. ‘Neither man nor woman is perfect or complete without the other. Thus, no marriage or family, no ward or stake is likely to reach its full potential until husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, men and women work together in unity of purpose, respecting and relying upon each other’s strengths”. What am i trying to say, distance relationships is not the best option for couples. Distance relationships are not totally bad in marriages but dangerous when they are no specific plans to close the gap.
Below are the reasons why 90% of marriages fail.
1. Nobody is ready to sacrifice: One thing about love is sacrifice, once upon a time a man sacrificed his life to save an entire specie of Living beings…Most distance marriages are having issues staying together as a result of different work locations, no party is ready to sacrifice his/her Job for the sake of the relationship. if there is no sacrifice the marriage is only a few miles away from the rock.
2. Financial Strain: Sometimes the cost of transportation to see each other often will sooner or later become financially strenuous.
3. Social Indifference: Once they both live and work in different time zones and location, there would be times whereby a party is extremely tired and his or her heart desire at that moment is to shut the door to the world and have a long rest, while the other party could be in the mood for gisting and catching fun.
4. Environmental effect: As long as both parties are based in different environment, they are liable to have different views, beliefs and way of life. They listen to different news, have different emotional tank, and different environmental circumstances. If they are Christians they will listen to different sermons every Sunday.
5. The absence of sex in a marriage is no Union: In my book Single Married and Safe, i wrote a chapter titled “No Sex Policy In Marriage”, it was an extensive knowledge of dealing with the expectation of sexual satisfaction. A marriage without sexual intimacy is a disaster, truly marriage is not all about sex but when you get married You would realize its the focal point of intimacy, Once sexual desires are not met, it affects your intimacy with God, and it affects your primary focus or assignment. let’s not forget blood is what run through our veins not petrol or rechargeable battery, If sexual pleasures are starved in a marriage it is a mile away from hitting the rocks. If you desire to be in the right side of God’s favour and glory, because infidelity would never bring you good tidings.
Watch out for Part 2 on my next post….Subscribe and Share with your friends, remember no knowledge is wasted
Banjo Tola Francis
Public Speaker, Counselor, Writer And Chief Facilitator At Leaders Digest International